Monday, November 2, 2009

The e-mails just keep coming! (chappysteam@yahoo.com

***Hi John and Karen,

We just want you to know that we are praying for all of you.

John...you and Bridget have a haircut date at the next Relay for Life, don't forget!

Karen, if there is anything at all I can do for you please let me know. I'm not a great cook but I can clean and do laundry like nobody else!!

Graham & Sarah Harwood

***Chappie – You are now officially a member of the P.D.O.G.s (Pedantic, Degenerate Old Guys) . If your butt is in that bed too long you are liable to get hemorrhoids and thus not eligible to wear white shorts. So get your ass out of there!

Cheers

Jimmy

***Dear John
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We know you will get out of that --------- bed and get back to giving us all a hard time.
We miss that a lot. Your family is the best . We will be going to the Clatsop Clash in your Honor. So Seaside had better win!!!!!!!
We are praying for you all. God bless you.
Love,
Tom and Kathy Grimm

***Bro,
Don’t listen to Tobin..., he already has all my pain-killers - you know – the ones you put in the other end...
Remember, if you don’t wanna get up, and the morning nurse holds a flame to your feet – this is an quick and semi-painless way to get rid of that nagging athlete’s foot! Don’t miss out on these opportunities pal...
As for weight-loss, I’m excited for you – and remember – there’s always room for jello (or tapioca)
Yer pal,
CB

***John,

Hopefully when you read this you are well on your way to getting out and coming home. Everyone at the PD is thinking about you and sending good positive thoughts. I think some of them even miss hearing your morning show, but they won’t admit it. My daughter Anne (you met her and her kids at the Beach Run) also wanted you to know they are thing about you as well.

We are all pulling for you so keep up the good fight and we will see you soon.

Bob

Robert Gross
Chief of Police
Seaside Police Department

***Hey Chappy!
This is Grey and Tamara in Portland, and we're so sorry to hear about your situation.
I've just read through all the updates, and your progress is really encouraging. It is not surprising to me at all that you have so many people in your life who wish you well and want to help you get better.
We are supporting you in our thoughts and seeing you all better.
Love,
Grey and Tam

***Hi John

On my office wall there's a picture of the referees (all blind) at the GG
Tournament circa 1994. Wishing you a steady, and complete return to health,
so that you appear in many more such photos. Our thoughts are truly with
you.

Ed

***John,

Looking forward to seeing you get through this. When you do, you got to stop living such a clean upstanding life and start having fun to the extreme. Maybe play a few games as well as refereeing. Regardless, get yourself well. We need you out there to keep the rest of us in line.

Cheers,
troll


***Sending prayers and best wishes from the Portland Rugby Club—just found out about Chappy’s poor health and we will reach out to the greater rugby community to rally collective karma! He is a fine rugby colleague and we all hope for a speedy recovery! Coach Cleve Larson and all the PRC players thinking of you---get well soon!

***Dear John,

Dan and I know that you are going to get through this with all of the support and good karma that is coming your way. All your years of playing rugby is going to pay off. John, remember the rugby movie, "Forever strong"? That's you John, FOREVER STRONG!!

We are going to check in often to get good progress updates. We miss hearing you on the radio!

Shelley (coach) & Dan Morgado

***John, Karen and family....

I have been saying prayers and sending lots of positive healing energy since I got the phone call about you...I don't have the ability to do "Elvis" or tell your corny jokes and make anyone laugh as you did during my own health issues but I can pray and I have been doing just that.

You are all in my thoughts...Karen I watched Jimmy through my own stuff and I know how hard it is on the caregiver...especially when you love someone something fierce. You may be the quiet side to John but I know you are his biggest supporter in all he does and what makes him give so much of himself to others. Be sure to take care of you Karen, I know John is being taken care of but it is a really difficult place to be on the other side of the bed so to speak sitting and waiting hour after hour. Know that you are also in my prayers and thoughts.

My heart goes out to you all...I do know that you are a very passionate family with a lot of love and giving spirit, may some of that come back to you now as John gets stronger each day on his way to healing completely and back to his crazy self.

God's blessing to you all, always in all ways.

Love from the O'Briens
Piper and clan

***Hi John and Karen and the entire Chapman Family,
We are so sorry to hear of John's illness, and we have everyone we know praying for his recovery!
John, don't push it, you know it takes so much longer to recover when we are old!!! LOL!
We are happy to help out with anything you might need, be it, food, prayers, fund raising, or printing. We are happy to donate any printing jobs that may be required. Just give us a call and let us know.
Jared and Chantal send their thoughts and prayers too! They said next time they are in town, they will drop by and see you.
Please call with anything we can help out with.
God bless and Keep you. I'm saying a special Novena to St. Jude.
Love,
Roy and Sheila Bennett

***Ali and I (wedgy) just want you to recover completly. I'll bet you have nurse that wakes you up in the middle of the night, I wouldn't be supprised if her first name wasn't Clarice. Hope to see you soon.
Ali and Wedgy Winchester

***Hey Chappy, thinking of you and hoping you are back to your old self in no time. Matt Burke, Bend Rugby Women and Girls.

***Greetings,

I've known John well since 1990 when we played together for ORSU. Please convey my best wishes to John and his family for his full and speedy recovery. I live in Portland. If there's anything I can do for him or the family, please let me know.

We'll continue to think good thoughts.

All the best,
Jon Greenlee


***Chapman, I expect you to be fully healed and reffing youth games this spring, we simply don't have enough refs with the right attitude to lose one. I command you to get better. Cheers, Rick Ravsten

1 comment:

  1. Struth mate,

    Looks like ewe have more friends than you let on Chapman. When I found out that you taking up hospital time looking for a bit of sympathy I checked my 'piggy' bank to see if I had a spare $1.50 to come and see you. Thinking of coarse that you had no friends. Looks like I was wrong, thank God, it's saved me a couple of buck but.

    Isn't it nice that so many care about you, don't know why!, may be its the good looks, no!!!, may be its the voice, or may be it's that your the first person a lot of people hear in the mornings when their alarm clocks go off, nonetheless we all care about you, so get well my friend, pleeeeeeeease, and I promise I will come and see you when you are through the attention seeking phase and back home.

    Love ya heaps
    Muzzzza & Suzie Q from down under.

    ReplyDelete